Pages

Wednesday 3 July 2013

The satisfying John Satisfy.....

I'm very pleased to say I got to interview author John Satisfy. Find him on Twitter...John Satisfy@jsatisfiction. He won't disappoint....

Hi John, tell us about yourself and your writing.

Hello Lauren, well that's kind of a broad topic. :)

I've been writing for most of my life, I've explored all sorts of genres, from drama, to sci-fi, to humor, and of course erotica. I've always enjoyed reaching out to people and being able to touch them with my words. It wasn't until recently that I decided to try publishing my work. It has been an amazing experience thus far, and I'm honored at how much praise I've received. My guiding philosophy is to write from at least one character's point of view and bring their emotions into the actions. And I feel that surprises are extremely important, especially with erotica, because it's those surprises that keep the reader engaged and wanting to turn the page to find out what will happen next.

When I'm not writing I enjoy reading and cooking. My specialties in the kitchen are baked goods, and I love to experiment with new recipes or tweak existing ones. I love a good challenge and push myself to excel at new activities. I get a thrill at exploring the outdoors and travel in general. There is something invigorating about going on a trip and seeing a different part of the world, even if that part of the world is only a few hours away. If that travel just happens to involve an amusement park with roller coasters, or a chance to speak with the locals, well, so much the better.

Creative AND adventurous!

Who or what inspires you? Especially when it comes to erotica.....;)

I find my inspiration in many different places. As far as writing style, I am influenced by whoever I'm reading at the time. Michael Crichton is one of my favorite authors and I appreciate his simple style and driving narrative, and I think he's influenced me a bit, even if the genre isn't the same. I've tried to craft my own style, so that I can have a unique voice in the erotica realm.

I have a tendency to continue with something, a movie or a book, even if it's not very good. The "train wrecks" are are fascinating to me, especially when it comes from a creative mind that I respect. I think I learn as much from the horrible as I do from the sublime works of art. Trying to see where these things fail, and often it's not the general concept because it caught my attention in the first place, is helpful in avoiding those same pitfalls.

Sometimes I see a glimpse of my inspiration and the story just flows from that. It's kind of like having sex, it's not planned out completely, but something, an article of clothing, a look, a mood, inspires the way the night is going to unfold. Often my stories are formed by an idea of where I want to push things, although I don't outline it, I just let it happen naturally. Many times I've tried to force a story into a place that I want it to go and it rebels. So the idea just doesn't work, so I have to drop them from it. However, I do try to remember the best ones and they will find their way into future stories.

You currently have a book out, Sin City Stripping. Tell us a little about it and where readers can buy it.

I actually have two eBooks out, Sin City Stripping and The Ravishing. Sin City Stripping is the story of somewhat shy Jessie who decides to throw her husband, Ryan a birthday party he will never forget. Ryan's fantasy has always been to be with Jessie's two best friends; strong, dominant Nicole and fun, bubbly Erin. So Jessie sends Ryan down to Las Vegas, puts him and his two friends, Neil and Kyle, up in a luxurious suite. They think they are just there for the pleasures of Vegas, but Jessie and her two friends surprise them at their suite and put on a little show for them. Nicole and Erin have no problem loosening up and by the end of the night, Jessie has managed to put the Sin into Sin City as well.

While it might sound like a male's fantasy, it's really from Jessie's point of view and it's written so that the female readers can get into her head space and escape the confines of their everyday lives. Erotica is a safe outlet for the mind and I like to give readers that escape. It is available on Amazon (US, UK, CA, etc), B&N, Smashwords, Kobo, Diesel, the major retailers.

So what's next for you?

Right now I'm working on my first anthology. Something a little different than the long form stories that I've published to date. The first one is "Teased and Pleased" and will be out in a week or two. The underlining thread connecting these stories is a little power/control play, a little pampering, and a lot of hot scenes.

Also, every Thursday morning, eastern time, I publish a new story, or story snippet, on my blog, eroticsatisfiction.com. Everything on my blog is free and there are links to my books there as well. It's been great to have received a few comments and to interact with the readers there. So between writing new stories, editing books, promoting and working on the blog, I've got a pretty full plate. However, you can still expect a lot more content in the upcoming months.

That's good to hear and the anthology sounds like something to look forward to.

Thanks for the interview John!










No comments:

Post a Comment